Use these discussion questions for your youth group to talk about how much we should be a light to the people around us and to draw them closer to Jesus.
READ Matthew 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
- How are Christians supposed to be like light? Describe what that looks like.
READ John 8:12
When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
- How was Jesus a light?
- If Jesus is the light of the world and says that we will have the light of life, does that change your picture of what the light means?
- In what ways do Christians hide their light?
- What specific behaviors mark the lifestyle of a light-shining Christian?
- When the light of Jesus shines in someone else’s life, are people always attracted to the light? How so or how not?
- In what ways can we be a light to the world around us?