- Who likes to play soccer?
- What is your favorite thing about soccer? (Or basketball or however the conversation goes)
- Have you ever played with someone that didn’t hustle enough on the field, gave up to early on a pass, or just didn’t try hard enough on a consistent basis?
- How did it make you feel to play with them?
- Were you angry at the person for a while?
- Did you try to encourage the person?
- Do you think that maybe the soccer coach could have an affect on how hard you play?
- Why should a coach determine how hard you play if you represent you?
- As you play in better leagues like traveling leagues, there seems to be less of that happening. Why do you think that it so?
- Does it ever feel like church life is the same way? How so or how-so-not?
- What does it mean to give God your all?
- What does that look like in today’s world for the following scenarios
- Waking up in the morning?
- While you are in school?
- When you work somewhere for the summer?
- When you are hanging out with friends?
- What happens when we don’t connect with God on a consistent basis? What happens to our walk? Our witness?
Colossians 3:23 (NKJV)
“And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men”
Matthew 22:34-40 (NIV)
Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?” Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”