Read the following passages to your youth and ask them to explain to you and to each other what they mean to them personally. Read the questions that follow the passages.
“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed…”
- When was the last time you confessed a sin to another one of your peers?
- Why is it important to confess our sins to each other?
- What happens if we do not confess our sins to each other?
1 Timothy 6:6-8
“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it. But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.”
- Are you content with your life?
- How far should we take contentment? Should we not buy a house or not seek more profitable employment?
- What is contentment to you?
“But, dear friends, remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ foretold. They said to you, “In the last times there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.” These are the men who divide you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.”
- What group of people is this passage speaking of?
- Could this apply to church members?
- How can we safeguard ourselves from becoming a scoffer?